Dairy Scientist – Onsite at McDonald’s Corporate HQ
As a Dairy Management Inc. (DMI) employee, you’ll have an opportunity to work alongside McDonald’s world class US Brand & Menu Strategy team and bring dairy innovation to life. In this on-site role you will support the McDonald’s menu team and provide technical and project management assistance for menu items containing dairy. Scope of the position includes menu innovation that includes dairy ingredients, dairy ingredient optimization, and new ingredient qualifications. You will work with McDonald’s cross-functional teams and their suppliers. In this role you will assist in product design; sensory evaluation, product testing, consumer testing, production data evaluation, and quality improvements. In addition, you will visit McDonald’s restaurants with equipment and operations teams to ensure gold standard products can be delivered across the McDonald’s system of over 14,000 US restaurants. In addition, you will work with DMI resources including internal product research experts and dairy research centers in support of McDonald’s projects.
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree: Dairy Science, Food Science, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of Dairy Product Experience: Dairy formulation, Quality Assurance, Processing, and/ or Manufacturing experience of dairy products
- 5-7 years of Product Development Experience
- Culinary or Restaurant product development experience or experience manufacturing for restaurant customers preferred
- Experience with scaling and products from concept to consumer.
- Demonstrated technical abilities in dairy science, formulation, QA, commercialization/plant experience
- Experience with Cheese and with dairy beverage applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Project and Time Management Skills
- Good Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Communication Skills –Verbal, Written, Presenting to Groups
- Results-Oriented (focuses on action with clear goals to achieve quick and effective results),
- Self-Starter who can acclimate quickly to new environments and open to change
- Experience and skill at influencing teams
- 20% travel
Dairy Management Inc. offers competitive medical and dental benefits, as well as a generous 401(k).
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 37,000-plus dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association, and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy Management Inc.™ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.