Vice President, Global Innovation Partnerships
VICE PRESIDENT, GLOBAL INNOVATION PARTNERSHIPS
Vice President, Global Innovation Partnerships (Rosemont, IL)
The Vice President of Global Innovation Partnerships will serve as the partner lead for Dairy Management Inc. (DMI) with a number of our global innovation partnerships. These partnerships include large, industry leading foodservice companies, leading brick and mortar and E-Commerce retailers, leading brands/manufacturers of retail and business-to- business dairy products, including those for export. The role is based in DMI’s Rosemont office and requires 25-30% travel.
The objective of the Global Innovation Partnerships team is to deliver dairy-centric innovation (including product, package, menu, and brand marketing) that will drive incremental sales of dairy for the industry and partners. In addition to driving sales, the role will help build trust in dairy via partnering on activation of trust programming on key dairy-centric topics (e.g. responsible production, nutrition, community, taste and enjoyment). The role engages with VP level leaders of our partners and dairy industry innovation, marketing, and corporate social responsibility teams.
Collaborate with individual partners to create dairy sales growth goals, strategies, tactics, measurements and budgets
Drive success and provide day to day oversight of sales and trust initiatives including:
- New product and/or menu innovation process (ideation, concept development, validation, P&L development, go/no go, launch, ROI)
- Marketing and brand innovation including packaging, advertising, PR, etc.
- E-Commerce activations to drive dairy relevance and share in that channel
Lead DMI cross-functional partner team, including R&D, New Product Development, Insights, Nutrition Science, Communications and Finance
Become an expert on the dairy industry as well as DMI capabilities and assets to leverage with partners
Identify opportunities to leverage partner assets/spending to communicate key dairy industry consumer trust building programs
Build strong working relationships with key staff at partner companies including Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain, NPD, communications, etc.
Evaluate impact of partnership/key programs on dairy sales
Present partnership updates to senior management and DMI board
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required in business, marketing or related field; MBA preferred
7 years+ in food industry CPG or other food industry B2C marketing management
Proven Success in:
- Developing annual and strategic marketing/business plans that deliver results
- Leveraging data and insights, to identify consumer needs, and to identify business growth opportunities
- Leading the development of integrated consumer marketing programs which include traditional advertising (TV, outdoor, digital, social, PR)
- Directing emerging marketing and product activations in the E-Commerce space.
- Developing and commercializing new products
- Leading cross functional teams, including agencies and other external resources, to achieve business result
- Presenting to senior management and/or boards of directors
Skills & Abilities
Strong strategic thinking and business acumen
Strong team leadership and people management skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to presentation skills
- Strong work ethic and integrity; a good representative of farmer values
Competitive benefits, generous 401(k), and collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra. We offer free chocolate and regular milk on tap.
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 37,000+ dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association, and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy Management Inc.™ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate since race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.