Director - Global Innovation Partnership Insights
Seeking a Consumer Insights professional with 8+ years of experience working with both traditional research (Packaged Goods, Food Service) as well as more innovative research methods (Lean Start-up, Technology company, Global Research or Innovation agency). The candidate should have experience in the U.S. and 3+ years in International markets (preferably Asia). The insights professional in this role must have a proven track record of leading breakthrough research with tangible in-market results.
Candidate will be responsible for generating high-quality intelligence to inform the long-range strategic planning and to support key platforms through the deep understanding of consumer needs and how to meet them. Candidate will be integrating data and insights from multiple global sources to identify long-term and emerging industry trends, as well as to develop market landscape assessments that identify and size potential opportunities and threats for U.S. dairy, both domestically and abroad. The candidate will need to be a master story teller to translate the opportunities and threats into a compelling selling story to inspire the organization to activation. The insights professional should enjoy directing research, but also taking a ‘roll-up the sleeves’ approach for digging into issues and data.
- Has proven experience in influencing business strategy through consumer and market insights
- Ability to work well in cross-functional team environments, being the voice of the consumer/customer
- Comfortable with various syndicated data including IRI, Crest, Technomic, Data Monitor, Innova
- Innate curiosity to seek out the ‘why’ behind the data, and illuminate it for others
- Expert with leading edge global data and insights tools and methods for long-term opportunity/threat identification
- Experience in working with and leading global research agencies
- Ability in uncovering opportunities through global market immersions and ethnographies
- Comfortable leading different types of research studies, i.e., long-term opportunity/threat identification, new business
development, segmentation, domestic and global market structure, strategy development.
- Trust - Can establish strong working relationships with DMI functional and business leads.
- Influence – Has passion, conviction and command of the fact to influence senior management and industry of potential opportunities
- Ambiguity – Proven effective at working in an extremely ambiguous environment with limited guidance with resolve to break
down barriers and solve problems.
- 8+ years of Consumer Insights experience with both traditional and non-traditional research methods
- 3+ years of international experience
- 3+ years in a position with direct influence on Senior Leadership
- BA required; MA/MBA preferred
Reporting Relationships: Position reports to the SVP Global Innovation Partnership Insights
Travel: 30% travel, including international
Competitive benefits, generous 401(k), and collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from
O’Hare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra. We offer free chocolate and regular milk on tap.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:Teamwork and customer service orientation required. Candidate must be highly skilled in oral and written communications. Must possess ability to lead a group and work with others in pursuit of a vision through interpersonal skills, issue sensitivity, problem solving, facilitation, leadership and negotiation. Must have strong technical skills including research design, statistical analysis, and interpretation of scientific research. Training in strategic planning. Media training is a plus.
Competitive benefits, generous 401(k), and a collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra. We offer free chocolate and regular milk on tap.
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 41,000+ dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase
sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in
dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association,
and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for
U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements.
National Dairy Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.