Director Global Sustainable Food Systems
Support Global Sustainable Food Systems and Nutrition strategy, management, reporting and execution. This position will work to leverage the latest science and help develop proof points and position papers for presentations, policy response documents, and serve communications. They will coordinate and liaise with the Global Sustainable Nutrition Affairs & Research (GSNAR) team and other departments/organizations in the intra-dairy community for nutrition and environmental research and reputational thought leaders (RTLs) on global activities. In this role, responsibilities include:
Develop/coordinate nutrition and sustainable food systems resources and be able to synthesize and work with Global Sustainable Nutrition Affairs and Research team.
- Ability to support Global coordination for SVP Nutrition
- Analyze key global, United Nations (UN), Worled Health Organization (WHO), Food & Agricultural Organization (FAO) reports to support oral & written communications, papers, talks, etc.
- Drive work through matrixed organization & access various audiences
Support Global Chief Science Officer Chief of Staff
- Develop materials
- Review pending and released studies and provide assessment
- Develop strategic reviews and positions statements
- Reviews key literature for food systems, food security, and environmental impact of agriculture in the food sector
Work closely with GSNAR Chief Science Officer to communicate plan
- Support administrative needs of GSNAR Chief of Staff and Global Chief Science Officer.
- Assist Global Chief Science Officer in global visit activities
Work with global team to develop ongoing nutrition and Sustainability proof points
- Manage third party consultants
- Seek opportunities to enhance global Sustainable Food Systems & Nutrition strategy
- Adhoc projects domestically and globally
- Communicate global progress to key stakeholders
Education and Experience:
- Excellent people skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- High level of writing and presentation editing skills
- Above average project management skills
- Excellent grammatical and proof-reading skills
- Full proficiency in Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM;
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff as well as outside partners and agencies
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to design and coordinate events with multiple components, such as more than 100 attendees, keynote speakers, special guest, and multiple power point presentations
- Ability to follow-up on details and communicate accurately
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to synthesize research and proof points into compelling narrative for point of views
- Ability to be nimble & flexible working closely with executive leaders
- Ability to present and deliver to various audiences
- Ability to exercise diplomacy with balanced perspective representing US dairy industry
- Willingness to travel approximately up to 30% of time
- May include global travel
Competitive benefits, generous 401(k), and collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra. We offer free chocolate and regular milk on tap.
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s 41,000+ dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase
sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in
dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association,
and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for
U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
National Dairy Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.