Executive Administrative Assistant/Coordinator – Dairy Management Inc.
No relocation assistance provided; considering local candidates only.
Provide exceptional administrative support to Executive-level leader(s). Through your efforts, ensure that the executives are able to stay organized and focused on mission-critical work. Act as an intermediary between the executives and internal and external staff and partners. Maintain appointment and meeting calendars, arrange meetings/webinars and secure and prepare facilities. Prepare the executives for meetings.
- Develop understanding of the dairy business and day-to-day operations
- Act as point of contact between the executive’s direct reports and internal/external clients
- Be proactive in meetings and calendar management; coordinate meeting preparation
- Oversee travel and related logistics, and handle expense reports of executive and for some of her direct reports
- Assist with support when needed by other teams on execution of meeting logistics for workshops/training events
- Put processes in place where needed to manage projects efficiently and effectively utilizing time management and effective project follow up
- Participate in meetings as needed to understand projects/discussions in order to support work of the executives
- Handle requests and queries appropriately
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs needed for Executive Team and State & Regional CEO updates
- Provide content in oral and written formats for different audiences
- Shares the same values as DMI - Demonstrate integrity, excellent judgment and sensitivity to confidential matters
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience providing Exec-level administrative support or bachelor’s degree plus 1-2 years of relevant experience, including project management.
- Strong computer skills and full proficiency in all MS Office programs (particularly Outlook and PowerPoint), and CRM/database.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: business, management, education, communication and/or nutrition – is a plus.
- Able to work outside of the 8:30-4:30 work schedule as needed (e.g., arrive early, stay late)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities.
- Very collaborative, highly energetic, and team oriented; able to take initiative to see projects/tasks through to completion
- Extreme attention to detail
- High level of writing and presentation editing skills
- Above average project management skills
- Excellent grammatical and proof reading skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff as well as outside partners and agencies
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects and shifting priorities
- Ability to design and coordinate events with multiple components, such as more than 100 attendees, key note speakers, special guest, and multiple power point presentations
- Strong member service philosophy
- Ability to follow-up on details and communicate accurately
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment
Competitive benefits, generous 401(k), and collaborative culture. Our Rosemont office is conveniently located across from O’Hare Airport and accessible to the CTA Blue Line and Metra. We offer free chocolate and regular milk on tap.
Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI) is funded by America’s
41,000+ dairy farmers, as well as dairy importers. Created to help increase
sales and demand for dairy products, DMI and its related organizations work to increase demand for dairy through
research, education and innovation, and to maintain confidence in
dairy foods, farms and businesses. DMI manages National
Dairy Council and the American Dairy Association,
and founded the U.S. Dairy Export Council and the Innovation Center for
U.S. Dairy. DMI works with state and regional
promotion organizations to implement these programs across the country.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who
most closely match our requirements.
National Dairy Council is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by